Useful Tips and Hints for Your Sofa Bed from our Experts
The Sofa bed: A master of quick transformations
Over the last few years hardly any other furniture has evolved as much as the sleeping-sofa. Today, they adapt to the most diverse life situations and offer solutions far beyond the normal function of a guest bed.
There is now a variety of sleeping furniture to choose from:
- The classic sleeping sofa or guest sofa - as a 2 or 3 seater, during the day a comfortable couch, by night with a comfortable bed.
- Trundle beds - when1 becomes 2! From a drawer under the bed, a second bed can be pulled out, useful in children and youth rooms.
- Stacking beds -two beds can be stacked one on top of the other, can be combined with a double bed if necessary, simply and minimally as the design classics of Rolf Heide.
- Modular sleeping- or upholstery chairs - initially only a seat, then after unfolding or folding open a comfortable upholstery bed.
- Wardrobe or folding beds - the bed disappears in the cupboard. Functional and practical for very small spaces, where different functions such as living, eating, working and sleeping must be compatible.
- Sometimes the mattress hides in the sofa, it can be pulled out or unfolded.
- Sometimes the back and armrests can be removed and attached to the sofa to increase the lying surface in this way.
- Side cushions & floor cushions - For side sofas, it is possible to fold back and / or armrests and thereby to convert the seat surface into a comfortable lying surface. In the case of floor-mounted sofas, the lying surface can be pulled outwards.
Wishlist and style of living
The selection of suitable sleeping sofas is huge. Before buying a sofa, it is important to find out exactly what you want and assess your style of living in order to find the individual sofa for you.
You should also consider how often you want to use it in the future. It is possible to choose a high-quality version with slatted frame and a suitable mattress for regular use. You or your guests finally sleep either on the comfortable upholstery of the sofa or on mattresses ranging from feather core to latex foam and depending on the model either as a single piece or as a single piece of floor space.
If you need storage space, you can find out more about sofas with an integrated underbed drawers, this is a wonderful addition to store bed linen.
Four tips for buying a sofa bed:
- Measure your apartment before buying your sleeping sofa. You can calculate if the folded-out area fits into the desired room and you still have sufficient access to the sofa.
- Why do you need the sleeping sofa? Do you need it for a rare visit or do your guests regularly sleep on it? If so, the pad should be particularly comfortable; it is even better to sleep on a variant with mattress plus slatted floor. Does the sofa have to fold out into a single or double bed?
- Do you know how to convert the bed? You should be able to manage this yourself in a few simple steps.
- What the sofa look and feel like? Should it match seamlessly with your existing decor, or stand out as a special piece? Leather is long-lasting, but fabric is cozier. Also remember, that you can choose a sleeping sofa with a removable cover that can be washed easily.
So now that you have been given the tips, the next thing to do is to sit back, relax and sleep!