Show more products
The Most Commonly Asked Questions about Side Tables
Why choose a side table?
Side tables (also called end tables) are a great opportunity to infuse a room with style. Usually, you figure out you need an end table when you look for a place to put your coffee and have to end up setting it on the floor. Often an afterthought, these handy little tables can be the glue that ties a room together. Some people prefer them over coffee tables because they free up space in the middle of the room. They come in a range of shapes including the following:
- Half moon
Where else would I use an end table?
Having a place to put your coffee or other drinks is good, but there are many other ways to use them all through the house. When it's time to make a change, they are moved around easily and made useful in other spaces. The versatile end table may be the most practical piece of furniture you own. Check out these creative ideas to use end tables for something new:
- Stack them as shelving
- Push a few end tables together and add pillows to form a sitting bench.
- Drill a few holes in the back and you have an instant charging station.
- Use as night stands
- Under desk storage for a printer or scanner
- Outdoor plant stands
What are end tables made out of?
End tables use the same materials as most other furniture in your home. What you choose to purchase is largely a matter of preference and how you will be utilizing it. A few materials used to construct them are:
- Wood or manufactured wood: These can be unfinished or finished in an assortment of stain and paint colors.
- Granite or marble
- Wicker: Wicker end tables don't have to be plain white. They can also be painted any color to match your decor.
Can I use an end table for seating?
There are some table styles sturdy enough to do double duty as stools or extra seating. Nesting ones, for example, serve both functions very effectively.
What are some possible features of end tables?
An assortment of features is available on the market that can make this small piece of furniture a little more useful, including:
- Wheels are sometimes attached, turning your end table into a rolling cart for serving refreshments
- Tray tops come in handy for making sure things do not roll off the flat surface, which is a good choice for games or hobbies
- Adjustable heights, which is particularly handy when you are going to use the table for multiple purposes
- Lighted as some end tables come with a lamp or light built right in
- Built-in shelves or drawers for extra storage