The Most Common Questions about Shower Bases
What material are shower bases made from?
The common materials for shower bases are:
- Acrylic: Certainly the most common material, very resistant to impact and low in weight. Adopts ambient temperature, therefore not cold on the feet.
- Ceramics: Very resistant, made of limestone and quartz. Coating very smooth and hygienic. High gloss and easy to clean.
- Enamel: Manufactured from steel and glass. Higher deadweight and resistant, cold because no heat storage.
- Mineral casting: mineral substances in combination with epoxy resin. A wide variety of shapes / colors is possible. Very shockproof and durable.
Can I install a floor-level shower bases?
If you are you in the construction phase, you can still influence the height. The decisive factor is the connection, the height of the outflow pipe protruding from the floor. However, floor-deep shower bases have only been traded in bulk over recent years. Therefore, in existing houses / apartments, old buildings, the drainpipe is laid on the screed, so you can only choose a higher shower base. The slope of the pipe is crucial for the water flow, so you can not change it in many cases. The installation of higher shower trays is unavoidable.
What size is right for me?
How much space is available? The former standard size of 80x80 cm was overhauled due to new manufacturing processes in shape and size, however, there are also now rectangular bases available. Even with a small dimensional change to 80x90 cm, you’ll quickly notice the pleasant new size ratio. Therefore, you will now findmany dimensions that are 80x120 cm or larger. Our recommendation: If your space allows it, treat yourself to a little more luxury. We offer many great round, semicircular or square shower trays.
What should I consider when purchasing a shower base?
- What size, length and width, is available to me for installing the shower base?
- How high or flat can I plan? Depending on the height of the pipes.
- How should the base be made for stability?
- What material should the shower base consist of?
- How should the paneling be designed for higher shower bases? For example, tiled or finished bath paneling?
Many more questions will be answered in detail when you browse our offers.
How can I ensure the shower base is stable?
Please find below some basic suggestions:
- Metal supports to create wall connections. These are mounted on the walls. The shower base attached. Finished.
- Finished bases are offered. These are adjustable in height. The four arms lengthwise. Use the front cover as required support at the same time.
- If you are skilled in craftsmanship, you can put an all-round stone edge. As well as support in the middle.
- No matter how, the shower base must be straight in order to ensure the drainage of the water.