The Most Common Questions about Playpens
What should I pay attention to when shopping for a playpen?
A very important aspect to take into consideration is the non-hazardous surface treatment - this is the hallmark of safety as a guarantor. Here are some general details you should look for:
- Rounded corners / edges prevent injuries
- Additional casters give mobility
- Extra mattress creates coziness
- Fold variations allow flexibility
- Height adjustment creates age-appropriate security
- A possible drawer provides additional storage space
How can I make my child's time in the playpen as enjoyable as possible?
To influence the feel-good factor, you have a few options. Firstly, it is advisable to opt for a natural material such as wood because of the robustness. And yet there is further potential:
- In the early months, padding should not be limited to the seating and lying area.
- The less struts a playpen has, the happier the child feels - meshes create even greater confidence due to the unobstructed view of loved ones/
- Attach one of your favorite objects to a strut - if possible a mobile on a strut above the playpens.
- A fabric roof can create a cozy environment perfect for an afternoon nap.
If I choose a playpen with roller, does this mean my child can easily move without me noticing
No, not with a little bit of planning. Buy a playpen with wheels, which has a larger diameter than your door frames, and the child will not be able to wander from view In addition, you can easily prevent the damage of wall, door frame or other household items by adding pads to the frames, or walls.
Can special playpens prevent my backache from reaching for my little ones?
In general, you can distinguish between two models:
- Height-adjustable playpens - The seat and lying surface is simply moved upwards
- Mesh walls with flaps - Now you can safely open a side and reach for your child, the securely close the panel after use.
Both of these options provide alternatives to reaching into the deep playpen, and potentially causing back pain.
Are there mobile playpens?
There are two approaches to answering this question - and both contain a yes! On the one hand, you can give your child a wonderful discovery option by purchasing a playpen with castors. On the other hand, you decide for a light and small version, which is suitable for transport.