How to Find the Perfect Bedside table For You
The history of the bedside table is not particularly glamorous, as it used to be a resting place for a chamber pot. Luckily, the times have changed, modern houses have bathrooms at hand, and the chamber pot has gone, but the bedside table have remained! But why?
Of course, convenience is the main reason. It is not only the bed that is important for comfort, but also a night stand that is close by. It is an ideal location for the smaller things in life - a reading lamp, a book, the alarm clock, tablets etc. Avoid wandering through the house to the kitchen for a glass of water, instead, just keep it conveniently on your bedside table.
To prevent one from losing, or falling over, things, modern bedside tables include drawers to add a bit of security and organization. While bed drawers are good for the storage of larger objects such as replacement blankets, bed linen or similar, they are not so convenient to reach in the middle of the night. The limited place on the night stand, on the other hand, forces you to control yourself - only what you really need can remain.
Aesthetically, two small side tables either side of the bed provide a pleasantly symmetrical picture.
- Regardless if it is solid or light, wood is always a good choice. There is a large selection available. Bedside tables are traditionally designed with storage space for books, and include a drawer, leaving the surface area free for a pleasant reading light. However, there are also many stool-like variations, which occupy little space offer a simpler storage space.
- Leather furniture is usually made of artificial leather. It is similar to real leather, but a lot cheaper. This material is particularly suitable for people who suffer from a dust allergy.
- Metal tables are good for smaller bedrooms. Since the racks allow a good transparency, they are lighter and finer. They are particularly chic in combination with glass elements.
- If you also like the side table fluffy and soft, then you add a micro-velvet cover. Remarkably soft but just solid enough to serve as a stable support.
- In addition to the material, more unique forms add a ’certain something’ to your bedroom. A bedside table in the form of a book stack is, for example, an original idea for all bookworms. The cube with a tunnel inside is also a real eye-catcher: the three individual planes are connected to a rotating rod and the individual plates can be oriented independently of one another as desired.
With the broad selection now available, it becomes clear why the bedside table remains to be a key piece of furniture for every bedroom!