- Bathroom Lights (1.042)
- Office Lamps (3.091)
- Ceiling Lights (7.796)
- Decorative Lamps (1.806)
- Lamp Shades and Stands (5.232)
- Illuminants (3.867)
- Standing Lamps (2.477)
- Spotlight Systems (6.336)
- Flashlights (1.472)
- Table Lamps (3.233)
- Wall Lamps (730)
- Outdoor Lighting (7.488)
- Motion Detectors (650)
- Shop and Office Lighting (587)
- Furniture Luminaries (336)
All You Need to Know About Lamps
Where would we be without electric light? Curled up in the dark, squinting to see with only the aid of candles and trying to avoid falling over objects in the dark.
However, it is not only the practical reasons that make lighting an attractive option. With lamps we create mood, and they brightly illuminate a place and transform our home into a haven of security.
Lamps are also a wonderful decoration with which the individual flair of every room can be placed in the best light. Whether stylish, elegant, rustic or romantic - everything is possible. To make this choice easier for you, we have put together a small online shopping guide.
What to look for when purchasing a lamp:
- What kind of lamp do you need?If you want to order online, it is important that you have a clear idea about the purpose of the lamp. Do you need direct, bright light or would indirect lighting and a dimmable lamp be more sensible? Should the lamp illuminate a room well or create atmosphere, radiate cold light or warm light? Would you like to illuminate individual elements like pictures or a showcase with spotlights or do you need a lamp system?
- Where are the sockets?Not all apartments and houses are blessed with many sockets in practical locations. Therefore, when choosing a floor lamp, be aware of the number and position of the sockets, and consider solutions in advance if they are far away from where you want to place your floor lamp.
- Pay attention to safety!Lamps that can be used for decoration and become hot should never be placed close to combustible materials such as a curtain or a book. Special precautions are especially necessary for children's lamps, therefore always carefully read the labels of the products for safety advice
- The right light source:It used to be simpler, but not necessarily better. The good old light bulb has been serving us for many years. Which of the new light sources is optimal and suitable for many people can be confusing, because besides Watt there are now also lumens and kelvin, as well as halogen, LED and energy saving lamps. Here is a brief overview:
- Energy saving lamp:Advantages: significantly longer durability than the incandescent lamp (up to 15 times longer), extremely economical in energy consumption.Disadvantages: It takes longer to generate light, can only be dimmed with a special additional function, has harmful substances (mercury) and must be disposed of as hazardous waste at the end of its life.
- LED:Advantages: Energy saving, long lasting, instant brightness, resistant, makes light effects possible.Disadvantages: Good quality is expensive, can only be dimmed with special construction.
- Halogen:Advantages: Can be dimmed, light color similar to that of the light bulb, high light output, therefore also good as usable work lights.
- Disadvantages: Consume more power than LED and ESL, lower durability.
- Lumens and Watts:While Watt indicates the power consumption of an illuminant, lumen measures the brightness. With both, you can calculate how efficiently the lamp works. Divide lumens by Watt: The higher the result, the more productive the lamp. For orientation, a lamp of approx. 600 lumen has approximately the luminosity of a 60 watt incandescent bulb.
- >Kelvin:Indicates how hot or cold the light is. Their value for orientation purposes: The old light bulb came to about 2700 Kelvin.