Show more products
The Most Frequently Asked Questions about Dining Table Sets
What style of dining table should I choose?
Customers can find gorgeous table sets suited for a dining room in a nice array of different design styles. Rectangular shapes are common, and customers can find round-, oval- and square-shaped tables with or without drop-leaf options. Some frequently used dining table designs include the following:
- Antique or vintage style of table for a bohemian or an old-world design vibe
- Classy, traditional designs crafted from rich solid woods and finished with glossy sheens
- Modern contemporary styles using sleek lines, unusual shapes and colors
- Mid-century modern designs that use real woods or metals with soft, comfortable seat cushions
- Industrial styles with black wrought iron or other heavy metal frames with glass or edgy top material
- Casual country or rustic styles in lovely woods and charming seat cushions
How do I find a dining table set that can seat all of our extended family for holiday meals?
Definitely consider taking advantage of drop-leaf tables or those that can extend with leaves. Another option is to set up another table of a smaller size or push two tables together. Some purchase a longer table and use benches, footstools, bar-type stools and various styles of other seating chairs. Other ideas include the following:
- Use one or more benches for more seating space.
- Purchase plastic or metal-framed chairs that can be easily stacked when not in use.
- Consider folding-style chairs.
- Create an attractive decorative mix of chairs normally used elsewhere in the home.
What materials are used in the construction of dining room tables and chairs?
Typical dining table sets are made from woods, metals, plastics and even modern materials like cement, granite and other materials. These often have glass, faux marble, granite or metal tops. Some common finds include the following:
- Authentic and beautiful solid woods such as hickory, oak, maple and pine
- Metal frames with classy glass tabletops
- Wood or strong metal frames with cement, granite or tile top options
- Sturdy plastic frames and chairs with alternate glass, wood or other material tops
- Partial particle board mixed with solid woods, metal or custom tops
Which style of dining table should I purchase for my smaller dining space?
Smaller spaces look nice with table sets that fit the area. Square or round tables are terrific options, and customers can find these shapes in extendable styles to create oval or rectangular tables. It's also possible to use padded armchairs or set up a temporary table.