The Most Frequently Asked Questions about Decorative Plants
Are there proper dimensions for a dining room table flower arrangement?
A nice flower arrangement in the middle of a dining room table can add a festive mood to a meal. However, take care in selecting an arrangement that does not block the view of those sitting opposite of you. A long and low flower arrangement works well with a rectangular table. The dimensions are not as important as the available space for serving. If you want to play it safe, use a small arrangement and set it on a round or rectangular mirror. The mirror will expand the look of the greenery and flowers.
How do I clean my silk decorative plant?
A silk plant may gather dust and should be cleaned regularly. There are different methods of removing the dirt and bringing back the sheen. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use a hair dryer on low setting to blow off any dust.
- Wipe flora with a dry microfiber cloth.
- Spray your decorative plant with silk flower cleaning spray and wipe clean gently or allow to air-dry.
- Mix equal amounts of water and vinegar and place in a spray bottle. As with the silk flower cleaning spray, gently wipe or allow to air-dry.
- Submerge silk flora in a bucket of mild dish soap and water, rinse, and air-dry.
Are there artificial silk plants that can be used outside?
If you want to adorn the exterior of your home with artificial silk plants, there are many varieties to choose from. Most are made from a poly or plastic material and have been treated with an ultraviolet light protector. Always check with manufacturer guidelines to see if the product is suitable for outdoor use. Indoor artificial plants will fade in a matter of weeks if exposed to direct sunlight.
What should I look for in all-weather artificial plants?
There are three specific types of all-weather artificial plants for gracing patios and porches. These can be an ideal solution to having plants that look perfect without the fuss and care involved. Some are costlier than others due to the length of time that they last. The different types you can choose include:
- Poly plastic silk plants: Two- to three-month life expectancy
- Weather-resistant, UV-treated silk plants: One- to five-year life expectancy
- UV-infused silk plants: Has a UV protector formula built into the plant material; five- to 10-year life expectancy