Show more products
The Most Common Questions about Coat Hooks
What are the advantages of coat hooks?
At first glance, it is easy to say that coat hooks provide organization, so the benefits are clear. But there are other advantages too:
- Functional distributionFor each family member, a special area can be created in the cloakroom. If you also stagger this according to height differences, your children will also learn how to neatly hang up their clothes.
- Pragmatic overviewWith enough coat hooks, you do not have to take stack three jackets on top of each other, but instead, you are able to quickly and easily find your coat.
What should you consider before buying the coat hooks?
Two key points are important to consider, do the coat hooks suit the style of your home, and also where is the best place to hang the hooks. Bear in mind that the objects on each hook also require a certain amount of free space. There is no point in trying to attach as many hooks as possible if functionality is limited.
- Which arrangement is preferable?Depending on the available space and your personal taste, you can decide whether you want to distribute the hooks over a large area or close to each other. As a result, you can choose between separate hooks or a whole hook strip. In addition, you should consider that hook strips can often be integrated into existing concepts. In addition, there are hooks made from wood or light metal.
- Load-bearing capacityWhich items of clothing do you wish to hang? For simple jackets all types of hooks are suitable. However, when it comes to carrying heavy winter robust hooks are recommended.
To make it easier to find the right model, make a decision about the following categories:
- Single hookA single hook is flexible and separate. You hang up jackets, and also bags, in an arrangement of your choice. Offset or in row, these coat hooks ensure pragmatic order in the hallway. Lower down the wall, they also provide great storage for bags.
- Hook StripThese hook strips are ideal for organizing your clothing, in an orderly and compact manner. The clothes are arranged closely together, so there maybe an overlap between items.
- Multiple HooksMultiple Hooks divide so you can attach multiple items closely together. So, you can also assign jacket to the matching hat. If space is at a premium, add the maximum option to hooks.
What size, and in which material, is recommended when buying a hook?
In general, the spatial layout determines the quantity as well as the arrangement of the hooks.
How big should the hook bar be?
The cloakroom should not be dominated by a series of hook strips. Therefore, choose no more than 2 strips and mount them separately to each other. Usually there are five hooks per bar available, there are of course also models with more or less. Make sure the hooks are not too close together. If you place a hat on a middle hook, the adjacent ones should still be functional. The thinner the bar is, the more graceful your hook strip in the hallway.
Find the right hook
We recommend products with a thicker end to hook the clothes. This will prevent your clothes accidentally falling off if you brush by too closely. Alternatively, grooves at the end of the hook also provide this protection.
What kind of materials are available for hooks?
Golden and copper hooks stand out as a visual highlight on the wall. You give yourself thus an excellent ambience at the entrance to your apartment. Straight metal has proven to be a wonderful combination. Try ceramic models or treat yourself to quirky porcelain.
Decide according to your taste, but consider the functionality in your household. The choice of material is determined by factors such as ease of cleaning, longevity and the load capacity of the hooks themselves. Therefore, look around the product range extensively so that you can find the right wall hooks for your requirements.
Are there coat hooks with cool designs?
Hallway hooks are available in a variety of colors. But consider the wall hook more as an accessory rather than the highlight of your hallway. Add vases, figurines etc, to create a cool, chic hallway rather than relying on the hooks.
Colorful coat hooks are particularly eye-catching, especially against a neutral wall. Why not create a color scheme for each member of the family. Since many of these trendy hooks are provided with a rubber coating, many of them are also child-friendly. Just like in fashion, black also captivates with its universal elegance. Do not shy away from this effective highlight in terms of a white or color-intensive wall design.
Try ceramic or metal hooks in gold as an eye-catching piece for your wall. Harmonious with the interior design you will find hooks with dividing arms, so that matching accessories such as a scarf can be hung directly to the corresponding jacket. Even hook rails with children's motifs give a feel-good atmosphere.