Common Questions about Finding the Best Kids Shelving
Are there good children's shelf products that will work for toy storage?
Absolutely, there are wonderful kids shelving units perfect for toy storage. Kids who learn to clean up their rooms learn valuable lessons and gain self-confidence. Having a place for all your child's toys and other items can help your son or daughter keep the bedroom clean. Specific toy storage product ideas include the following:
- Standalone wooden shelving unit with color coded canvas bins
- Kids wall shelf to store toys or other bedroom supplies
- Sturdy plywood organizer unit that has cubbyhole storage spaces
- Various vertical storage organizers with color coded pull-out drawers
- Assortment of stacking bins that can be connected to go up or remain at a lower horizontal storage design
- Other toy storage options like desk, bed, or dresser with built-in storage spots
What are all of the available kids shelf and bedroom storage items?
Parents can find outstanding children's shelf selections. Some have organizational capabilities, and many can be bought in separate connectable pieces for a truely customed look. These units can be assembled to fit any child's personal storage requirements. There are also many terrific bedroom furniture sets that include built-in shelves, drawers, or other storage spaces. Closet organizer systems for children are also available. Other common kids storage items include:
- Book shelves and book racks - some with underneath drawers
- Toy bins, chests, storage containers, and various children's bedroom shelf systems
- Corner shelves, platforms, and toynets
- Multi-purpose storage units - either stacking cubes or standalone units
- Various sized bins, baskets, and other containers placed on shelves or stored on floor
- File-type organizational storage units
Which type of shelves should I buy to store my child's collections?
Breakable or meant-to-be-seen collections can be placed on shelves or tops of furniture like a taller dresser. Parents can also display these treasured collection items on a sturdy kids wall shelf. These practical storage solutions can be firmly wall-mounted at the desired height. Depending on the size and specifics of the collection items, there are also bookcases, tiered shelving options, and other types of suitable kids shelf designs.
Which style of shelves should I get for my child's bedroom that will also work when she is older?
Consider purchasing convertible storage systems in a neutral or suitable color. Make sure that any shelving bought doesn't have a babyish design. Desks, vanities, and dressers can double as storage places. More ideas include:
- Versatile closet organizational systems with adjustable features
- Bookshelves or other children's bedroom shelf suitable for young kids and teens
- Storage cubes, shelves, and other items that can hold toys today and teen necessities tomorrow