Show more products
Frequently asked questions about ceiling lights
How do I decide what style of ceiling light will look good in my home?
Like other lighting, ceiling-style lights come in a wide variety of design styles. While consumers can match up their desired lighting with the interior design style in the room easily enough, individuals can also combine various styles for a one-of-a-kind look that is flattering. Have some fun experimenting with unique lighting blends. Some options on how to combine design styles include the following:
- Use industrial design lights in an otherwise contemporary kitchen.
- Vintage style lighting goes well with traditional decor. This can also work with modern or mid-century modern decor.
- Try a sleek Scandinavian or Nordic pendant light fused with industrial metal accents in a neutral-hued contemporary dining room.
- Elegant chandeliers can mix with traditional, mid-century and French country design themes.
- Consider hanging retro vintage pendant-style lights in an opulent antique or a vintage bathroom.
- Rustic lighting can work beautifully with Asian- or nature-inspired country theme decor.
How do I determine what size of pendant or hanging light to use?
Remember that lighting used correctly can create gorgeous rooms with the right atmosphere. Take that time to plan how to get the light effect that you desire in each room. The overall room elements like furniture, decorative features and material textures need to be taken into account before choosing a light fixture. The result should look balanced and not overly excessive or too boring or bare.
How can I get a bohemian chic look in my bedroom using a dangling ceiling light without making the room look cluttered?
Look for unique lighting fixtures that make a dramatic statement but still look elegant and fun. Consider hanging a larger glass globe-shaped fixture that gives off an amber glow. Try hanging sea-colored, glass-bottle-style lights in staggering heights for a cool vibe that doesn't look trashy. Pay attention to the small details like colors and material selections. The room should only have one major focal point with accompanying subdued accent sites.
How can I brighten a kitchen up by using hanging light fixtures?
Pick a light design that suits your kitchen decor. Try copper fixtures in a country-style kitchen. Use larger pendant lights over a kitchen island or table for increased light and a welcoming vibe. Coordinate the lighting between adjoining spaces for a blended look that feels warm and nurturing. Add complementary accent pieces to complete the total balanced effect.