The Most Common Questions about Bed Frames?
What is a bed frame?
The bed frame describes the bed without a mattress or slats. The role of the bed frame is to encase the mattress and slats that elevate the sleeper off the floor
What types of bed frames are there?
There are upholstered frames, metal frames and of course the classic wood frames
Which material bests suits which style?
Metal frames provide an industrial and cool atmosphere in the bedroom. They, therefore, are a perfect fit for a more minimalistic design. However, if you combine them with playful fabrics and cushions, then they really suit a shabby chic look. They also adapt well to a maritime theme.
Natural wooden frames are found in the majority of homes. They fit a timeless classic style or a cottage theme. They conjures images of Scandinavian, or vintage, style as well as shabby chic. Stained or darker woods fit into a more colonial design. Wooden frames are currently on trend as by using the raw renewable material this bed frame is considered very sustainable.
If you choose an upholstered bed frame (leather, faux leather or fabric), your bedroom will have a very soft and comfortable feel which can be integrated into any style, but remember to pay attention to the current color palette.
Which bed is right for me?
There are low beds (up to 30cm high), for example Futons, which are considered more suitable for younger people The standard height range for bed frames is 31cm to 40cm. There are comfort bed frames that are slightly higher, at 41cm, and they are often considered the most comfortable option for elderly people as getting in, and out of, bed is easier.
What do I have to consider when purchasing a bed frame?
- Dimension: Does the frame fit into your bedroom? Are the parts of the bed going to fit through your doors?
- Height: Do you want a low, comfort or normal bed height?
- Material: Which do you prefer - wood, metal or upholstered?
- Depth of the support: Are the bed slats too low or high? Is the mattress to deeply sunk into the frame?
- Lying area: Which size mattress would you like? Remember special dimensions make shopping for bed linen more difficult.
- Upholstery: For upholstered bed frames, pay attention to the quality and thickness of the material, how well are the corners stitched?
- Form: Are you going to choose a regular bed or do you fancy trying a circular option?
I have a small bedroom, which bed is best for less spacious rooms?
We recommend a light bed, best in white or a light color with high legs. This model looks light and airy so it doesn’t make the bedroom seem to cramped. For smaller spaces dark wood bed frames can appear to heavy for the room. Continue the white furniture theme throughout your room, for example, with bedside tables and wardrobes.
How wide does a double bed need to be to accommodate two people?
In order to get a good night’s sleep, the lying surface should be a minimum of 160cm wide. A more optimal width is 180cm. Each person needs approx. 80-100cm space to sleep comfortably